Haunted Mansfield FAQ
Paranormal Investigations, Ghost Hunts, Classes and Events found at four haunted spots including The Shawshank Redemption prison and a haunted fire museum with active spirits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. We have an interest in ghost hunting and investigating paranormal activity. Where do I begin?
A. There are 4 sites in Mansfield and Galion, Ohio, where individuals and groups can investigate. To view each site and to see what makes them haunted, please refer to the Sites section.
Q. Do you have to be a professional ghost hunter or paranormal investigator?
A. No! You do not have to be a professional ghost hunter or paranormal investigator to enjoy the field of paranormal activity. But, for those folks that are professionals and experts, please be respectful of their space, equipment, and seriousness of their investigation.
Q. What sites are haunted in the area?
A. The Ohio State Reformatory, Mansfield Fire Museum, Renaissance Theatre, and the Gill House.
Q. Is there someone who will lead us through the paranormal investigation?
A. Please contact each individual site for specific information.
Q. What about overnight accommodations?
A. Please visit Destination Mansfield’s lodging section for a list of overnight accommodations.
Q. How do I get a Haunted Mansfield brochure?
A. Download a free Haunted Mansfield brochure to see all four Haunted sites.
Know Before You Go
- There are 4 haunted sites in Mansfield and Galion, Ohio.
- Some haunted sites are lead by paranormal investigators. Please contact the sites directly for your private paranormal investigation.
- Some sites require guests to be 18 years or older for paranormal investigations.
- Suggested items to bring with you: Flashlights, headlamp, batteries, cell phone/charger, camera, electronic voice recorder, snacks/water, comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Smoking is only allowed outside in designated areas at each haunted location.
- Absolutely no illegal drugs or alcohol will be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the premises if a paranormal tour guide suspects you are under the influence.
- Each sites is on private property. No vandalism of any kind will be tolerated and you will be responsible for any damage.
- With all that being said- HAVE FUN and capture some amazing photos and recordings! And don’t forget to tell us and your friends about it on Facebook!